Pages

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Music to Write to: Lorde

Since my last blog post (below), I've decided that I'm going to write about all the music that I come across that I enjoy. Music plays a big part in my writing process, so what the hay, right?

Today, we're going to talk about Lorde!


Ella Maria Lani Yelich-O'Connor (Yeah, say that three times fast) is the 16-year-old kiwi gal known as Lorde. If you haven't heard her song Royals you've obviously been sleeping under a rock somewhere.

The song has ABSOLUTELY blown up lately, and for good reason. I promise that, if somehow you managed to miss out on hearing it, click the link above and you'll be snappin' right along with her.

With that being said, she released an EP titled The Love Club.
The EP has the song Bravado which shows this gals true vocal ability! 

She released her first album Pure Heroine on September, 27th of this year, and I highly recommend that you all go give it a listen.


I honestly love every single song on the album, and that's a rare feat for myself. Her lyrics are sharp and sometimes even a little dark, and she offers a unique perspective on pop music these days. I threw her entire album into my writing playlist.

Seriously guys and gals, this girl is someone you should all listen to. Tennis Court, Ribs,  Team, Glory and Gore, are some of my personal favorites!


After you check her out (because the entire internet obviously listens to me) drop a comment down below and let me know what you all think of this kiwi.
Her music is definitely something to write to!

No comments:

Post a Comment